Kick-off Panel Discussion: Exploring the Biggest Hurdles of Crossing the Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB) & Considerations for Overcoming Them
Time: 8:40 am
day: Day One
- Why are efforts in brain delivery not yet equivalent to CNS drug discovery?
- Exploring the current state-of-the-art approaches to targeting the BBB delivery of therapeutics
including receptor-mediated transcytosis, nanotechnology strategies, intranasal drug delivery and BBB disruption technologies
- Is receptor-mediated transcytosis the most effective option for intravenous drug delivery to the brain?
- What approaches can we use to unravel new transport routes?
- What emerging areas should we focus on to address current deficiencies in brain targeting?
- Why are we slow to execute brain drug or gene development in parallel with BBB drug delivery technology?